Producer – Video Games – Virtual Reality
Linda is an accomplished producer with more than eight years of experience. She is driven by empathy and is passionate about supporting interdisciplinary teams to grow and create memorable and innovative player experiences.
In 2017, Linda founded the #FemDevsMeetup to promote diversity in the game industry. Additionally, she is an advocate for women’s rights and equality.
What I offer
- Research and implement new approaches to establish and maintain trusting relationships.
- Conduct sincere one-on-one coaching sessions with team members to ensure their success in working independently on the project and in their career paths.
- Advise management and teams on values, diversity, inclusion, and psychological safety.
- Organize workshops and knowledge-sharing sessions on leadership and production.
- Define a clear project goal and ensure that it is achieved with a focus on quality.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish project requirements.
- Develop a project timeline and set achievable milestones.
- Identify and manage potential project risks, collaborating with the development team to create backup plans and keep the project on schedule despite unforeseen issues.
- Communicate progress to stakeholders, keeping them informed as milestones are completed or adjusted.
- Foster effective collaboration among cross-functional teams.
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings across different time zones.
Assassin’s Creed VR – Associate Producer – Ubisoft Düsseldorf
- Collaborated with the user research team to establish playtesting processes.
- Conducted risk assessments to facilitate collaboration between the content and tech teams, ensuring target performance on the VR device.
- Established and maintained relationships with international co-development teams in the UK, US, India, and Germany, as well as with various external stakeholders.
Ubisoft Escape Games – Producer – Ubisoft Düsseldorf
- Upheld and maintained the project vision and strategy for Ubisoft Escape Games. Successfully produced three AAA-quality VR games for the Assassin’s Creed and Prince of Persia brands.
- Planned development and coordinated work for the release of Escape the Lost Pyramid, Beyond Medusa’s Gate, and Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time.
- Facilitated feature validation processes by analyzing playtesting data with the design and QA teams.
Unannounced Project & Porting Projects – Production Director – Massive Miniteam
- Provided mentorship to the production team.
- Developed structure and communication processes for the porting team and publisher.
- Offered advice to the founder team on leadership and strategic matters.
- Assisted in the transition from pre-production to production.
#FemDevsMeetup – Founder
- Founded the non-profit #FemDevsMeetup community to foster knowledge sharing and diversity with a team of 12 volunteers, run on-site and online events, and a Discord community with 700+
- FemDevsMeetup – Sonderpreis der Jury – Deutscher Computerspielpreis 2023
- 100 Oustanding Women in the Games Industry – SHE PLAYS GAMES 2022
- Förderpreis für junge Entwicklerinnen – Sonderpreis Film- und Medienstiftung NRW – Deutscher Entwicklerpreis 2019
- Escape the Lost Pyramid – Interactive VR Experience – VR NOW 2018
- Indie Arena Booth 2015 – Sonderpreis der Jury – Deutscher Computerspielpreis 2016
Talks & Interviews
- Benefits of local tech communities using the examples of gamedev meetups! Waterkant Festival Kiel
- Working for games in NRW: perspectives from working for AAA studios, indie companies and freelancing. #FemDevsMeetup Cologne
- Fem Devs Meetup: Interview mit Linda Rendel und Leonie Wolf – Insert Moin
- Wie #FemDevsMeetup Frauen in der Gaming-Branche unterstützt – Xbox Wire
- #FemDevsMeetup: Gemeinsam mehr erreichen – Gamerrepublic
- Game Changers 2021 – #FemDevsMeetup -Gamesindsutry.BIZ
- Linda Rendel – Womenize! – Inspiring Stories – Womenize!
- Frauen im Gaming: Empathie ist wichtiger als das eigene Ego – Linda Rendel, Producerin bei Ubisoft Düsseldorf – Xbox Wire